Canada – Obviously a proud country. Getting an immense number of international students every year. Yes, it’s a hub of global talents. Aiming for the best in world education and a gaining opportunity to study in the world’s top universities. 494,525 is the number reported for the international students in Canada at all levels of study in 2017 – Says Canadian Bureau for International Education. Isn’t a wow making figure? Of course, it does.
Why study in Canada
Often the question arises in the minds that why international students choose to study in Canada. Here is the answer to it:
- You will have various options to choose from big or small universities and small-town or city universities. There are 26 universities of Canada which are featured in the world’s best universities. In which, three of them are listed in the global top 100.
- It has a beautiful land with urban development along with its non-discriminatory society.
- Canada is one of the safest countries to stay temporarily, study and settle permanently. Research states that 95% of International people prefer or recommend Canada as the study abroad destination.
- International Students can experience an active and diverse lifestyle in this wonderful country and enjoy great health care benefits, and the politeness of the locals which is the thing that Canada is most known for.
- Students will have plenty of excellent opportunities to meet minded people and gain valuable international student experience through different student clubs and organisations.
- It is believed that graduates from universities in Canada enjoy productive and successful careers.
Education System in Canada
Like many other countries, Canada also has a straight forward Education System divided into these chronological levels of certification/titles for those who want to Study in Canada:
- Early Childhood Education (Kindergarten or Grade Primary)
- Elementary Education (Grade 1 to 6)
- Intermediate Education (Grade 7 & 8)
- Secondary Education (Grade 9 to 12)
- Tertiary Education (College / Universities for UG and PG)
- PhD and Doctoral Studies
In Canada, each province and territory are responsible for its higher education at all the educational levels within it including universities, there is no federal accreditation. This means that each province and territory in Canada set their own standards of higher education in Canada and manage the issues if any, and these are strict to ensure quality. Most international students opting for Canada will choose to pursue their Bachelors or Masters in Canada.
Study in Canada courses
Though Universities in Canada offer a broad range of good courses for international students few of the courses are more popular than the others. The top courses in Canada are
- Business & Finance
- Core Engineer and Engineering (Mechanical, electrical & civil)
- Computer & IT related
- Bio-science, Medical & Healthcare
- Media & Journalism
- Agriculture science
- Arts, Psychology & Human Resources
- Hospitality Management
- Culinary Management
You will get various types of course and all the 3 levels of education Bachelor’s, Masters and Doctorate levels.
Study in Canada after 10th
After the 10th in your home country, you have to select some special subject which you want to study in Canada. You can discuss with those who have joined the course after 10th standard. Before taking any decision, you can search online for courses in Canada after the 10th. You can choose the stream of your study so that you can gain mastery in it after completing high school. After 10th class in Canada, you can take admission in any of the vocational courses as well.
Study in Canada after 12th
Many of the international students choose to study in Canada earlier in their academic career. After schooling, or as 10+2 in many countries. The undergraduate programs have a plethora of options for international students coming to Canada. Most of the Bachelor’s degree programs in Canada are for four years, making it easier for the students who want to study Masters in other countries abroad or even in Canada, as the Master’s requirement for many countries including Canada is 12+4.
Student life in Canada
If you’re thinking of moving to Canada and think of whether that stays stable is not gonna happen. Because Canada is indeed a huge country. Canada is uniquely engraved in the realm of God on this planet. As the country has five time zones along with the long stretching of Pacific and Atlantic ocean.
- Canada is the country of beautiful landscapes and dramatic mountains. There is a different lifestyle in different cities and also it is quite different from other countries as well. The students who study abroad in Canada will get to see the best in their life here.
- The student orientations ensure that the international students feel welcome and get settled down on the campus properly.
- The Canadian classes are very interactive and research-based. So, it is important that you be concentrated enough to last in your class. By paying full attention to all the lectures and working hard can bring you success in completing the studies in Canada for the betterment of your career.
- Currently, there are different kinds of evaluation systems that take place in the education system of Canada such as Written tests, oral examination etc which are used to evaluate the skills of the students. The students need to develop skills for presentation, work, and research to perform well in these evaluations.
- Overseas students can make some new friends in Canada easily. Being an international student and participating in different social and educational activities can teach you so many things and improve your knowledge.
- Although the experts say that Canada is a peaceful and decent country, there are some safety measures that students need to take while moving in to study in Canada. You can also call 911 in case of any crime or problems.
Cost to Study in Canada
Well, Canada has the world’s topmost universities. But there is nothing like “So the fees are on cloud nine”. It depends on which universities you apply to and for which courses. Also, varies on the basis of being an international student and a home student. Here are a few points to take note regarding the cost of studying in Canada
- Ontario has the most expensive tuition fees. Students pay on average CA$ 8,454 per year here.
- Reports show that average tuition fees for the undergraduate programmes for international students in Canada are CA$25, 625 per annum. Here the engineering and medical sciences would be expensive as compared to the cheap courses. In Canada, pursuing an engineering degree takes an average of CA$28, 340 per annum.
- Whereas the post-graduation fees are comparatively lower. It varies depending on the courses you take. But at an approximate sight, sources state CA$16, 252. However, the management studies in Canada are comparatively costly than the average fees. Especially when you choose the executive programmes for MBAs. It falls approximately at CA$ 50,000.